My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Why I love living in London: part one


As long as I can remember I've been in love with all things English. When I was eleven or so I discovered a show from across the pond on MTV one morning. The Young Ones was the funniest, most disgusting bit of toilet humor I've ever seen. Correction, I have never seen! We didn't have anything in the States remotely close to it. My siblings, cousins, and I couldn't get enough of it. Whenever they had an all day marathon we would plant ourselves in front of the tv and watch one episode after another. Then I discovered music. I loved and still love, The Smiths, Duran Duran, Pet Shop Boys, Tears for Fears, The Police, The Clash, etc. Somehow I knew that I would love this place before having set foot on the island. So it's surreal to actually live here now. I love the accent, the weather and mood it creates, the museums and the fact that they are free, and the culture. If it's rainning out you can still find the pubs full of people in a great social environment or out for a walk in the beautiful parks. There have been some rough patches as well but I'll save those for a future blog. For this blog I toast the Brits. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home